Tuesday, August 21, 2012

LOVE {2 Years Later}


Well, it's been two years since our big day, since we said "I Do!" Sometimes I feel like an old married couple but most other times I feel like we just got married. 

We spent our first anniversary with an awesome and delicious dinner at Rudy and Paco's in Galveston complete with a bottle of wine, fried plantains and creme brule...



...and drinking champagne and eating our anniversary cake in Destin, Florida surrounded by some of our favorite people....


We celebrated our second anniversary by exchanging gifts before work and going for a 2 mile walk/jog around Tuscan Lakes before supper. We made homemade spaghetti with garlic bread and sparkling apple/pomegranate juice- what! It got crazy over her folks! :) We wrapped up our night by reading books to Trey and thinking about what the next year will bring us! We are also considering our up-coming trip to Miami next weekend our Baby-Moon/2nd Anniversary Trip, so that should be lots of fun!

We started a tradition when we took our engagement pictures prior to us being married. We carved our wedding date into the old garage door at my grandparent's house. (I supervised of course)


 We took some photos in front of it and ended up using one of them for our "save the date" card. 



\


Before leaving for the beach for our first anniversary, we took the same photo, except added a tick mark below the date to signify "one"!



This year, we added another tick mark to the door, yippee! (and by we I mean again of course that I supervised...)


 Although I did not get on Hubby's back this year, this photo may be my favorite yet, as we celebrated our second anniversary with me being 25 weeks pregnant with our first child, Trey. 





Here is my belly peaking out from the side of the garage where our anniversary date is carved.

I get really excited to think about what our photo will look like next year and each year thereafter. In our 3rd year anniversary picture, we will have an eight-month-old in our photo with us!!!

Here's to another year babe! I know they will just get better and better from here!


5 comments:

Cindy said...

Happy second anniversary! Hugs and kisses to all! I love all of you!

Stephanie Y. said...

What a cute idea about the barn! I love it. Happy anniversary. Have fun on your trip!!!

Blondie said...

Happy, happy anniversary!! Love all four of ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!

Jane

Anonymous said...

I'm sooooo happy that you two found each other!!!!!! Love y'all! (Pee)

Anne McConnell said...

I think it's funny that your save the date is still on my fridge, lol