Sunday, August 26, 2012

26 Weeks




How far along: 26 weeks and 1 day

Total weight gain/loss: 1 lb this week (19 lbs total)<-----WHOOOOAAAA (thank goodness I'm tall!)

Maternity clothes? Yes, although still wearing some non-maternity though.

Sleep: Been more tired than usual this week. One night I fell asleep on the couch at 8; slept there until Jim woke me up at 11 to get in bed and somehow managed to sleep until 7 the next morning. That's 11 hours of sleep- that's insane but awesome!

Best moment(s) this week: We celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary this week with gifts, spaghetti and sparkly apple pomegranate juice :) Also had a delish dinner at Perry's Friday nigh to celebrate our anniversary again. Wednesday, Trey's crib came in and we put it up in his room (aka Hubby put it together). It's starting to look so cute in there! I also made his crib skirt and window valence from antique grain sacks and just LOVE how they came out. I picked up a few more things for his room as well this weekend. It's starting to look like a little boy's room for sure!

Movement: Yes! Still lots and lots of strong kicks. He also moves around so much that my entire stomach shakes and starts to look alien-ish at times. It's so cool, it looks like he is swimming around in there (which I guess is exactly what he is doing). I was sitting in a meeting on Tuesday and lil man was moving so much my entire shirt was jumping and moving around.

Food cravings: Nothing in particular this week.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!

Gender: Boy!

Symptoms: Still having some back pain. Also my tummy gets pretty tight after a long walk or workout. I have also been having some headaches off and on this week.

Belly button in or out?  In but flattening out more and more by the day...

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or moody most of the time? Happy. I really haven't been very moody since I've been pregnant- and yes, I even asked Jim and he said the same thing! :)

Anything new? I had another checkup on Tuesday where I had to do the 1 hour glucose tolerance test. It honestly wasn't super bad. I like sweet stuff, and it just tasted like over-sweetened koolaid. The flavor of the day was "red" as the nurse told me which made me laugh. I had 5 minutes to drink it then the nurse drew my blood after 1 hour. I was told "no news was good news" and since I haven't heard from them, I assume my blood glucose levels looked good- yay me! I am up one more lb (19 total now). Dr. B said she is happy with my weight gain and that my tummy is measuring right on track for how far along I am. Trey's heart rate was a strong 148. I go back in 4 more weeks, then start going every 2 weeks....crazy...the time is really flying by!

Looking forward to: Leaving for Miami on Thursday for Adam and Angela's wedding... Looking forward to spending a few days relaxing on the beach!!

Exercise this week: Did calf raises on the stairs at work a few days (man my legs were sore the next day!) Also walked two miles around Tuscan Lakes on Tuesday. Saturday I did light weights and walked a mile. Have given up on trying to do something everyday since we know that wasn't working out. I am trying to do a little something every other day. I think I should be able to stick to that regimen. 

According to Baby Center: Our lil guy is now 14 inches long and weighs 1 & 2/3 lbs. No wonder he can make both sides of my tummy move at the same time! :)


And because I just can't stand it, here are some nursery progress pics! :)
Hubby putting together the crib.

Crib skirt all made!
Window valence and curtains
Progress!
 

My friend Mimi and I at work on Thursday. We are due 3 days apart... She is due on my birthday (Nov. 29th) with a lil boy as well!

We get back from Miami on Monday, so my update next week will probably be a little later in the week. Hopefully I will be able to include some photos from the beach as well....and hopefully we have nice weather...fingers crossed!!

6 comments:

Cindy said...

I love how the nursery looks-can't wait to see it in person! Love all the pics, especially the one of you and Trey! I love you all

Unknown said...

i have to admit im not willing to put up how much weight i have gained :) not very proud of all the food i have been eating. im sure ill pay for it after mister gets here.

you look great! and yay for nothing making you feel sick.

Stephanie Y. said...

You look so cute in that pic!

Blondie said...

Trey's room is looking good!!! I look forward to seeing and hearing about everything . . . Ya'll have fun in FL!!!!

Janie

Unknown said...

Thanks :) I feel like it holds me more accountable :) we are going to the beach for vacation this weekend so I assume my gain this week may be a little more than normal...

Emily said...

I love the room so far! I am (im)patiently waiting for my furniture to arrive. I can't wait to get her nursery set up.