This was a very rough week for our family. Trey's cousin Braxton was born on Friday, August 17th at 7:44am but God decided he needed him as an angel. He went to be with God, his Uncle Mike (my dad) and his great O'Meara grandparents on 3:00pm on Friday. Needless to say, I wasn't feeling up to taking our normal chalkboard photo this week. I know that Braxton will always be Trey's very special guardian angel up in heaven as Braxton's mom and I got to share our pregnancies together.
I feel so blessed and thankful I was able to be there when he was born and meet him. I will be posting details about sweet Braxton's beautiful birthday at some point but don't quite feel up to that yet....
How far along: 25 weeks and 1 day
Total weight gain/loss: 1 lb this week (18 lbs total)
Maternity clothes? Yes, although still wearing some non-maternity though.
Sleep: Sleep this week was different, as we had a lot going on and I had a lot on my mind. Hopefully I can sleep better this coming week.
Best moment(s) this week: Although an extremely sad and emotional day, my best moment was being with our family when Braxton made his grand entrance into the world. More specifically, my absolute best moment this week was getting to hold him and look into his gorgeous coal-black eyes. I told him who I was and all about his cousin Trey. While I held him, Trey was kicking around like a maniac and that made me smile.
Movement: Yes! Still lots and lots of strong kicks.
Food cravings: I have really been wanting Subway (or just sandwiches in general) and Iced Coffee a lot this past week. I also saw a picture of some waffles the Hoffman's were having and had to go to Cracker Barrel last night for breakfast supper! :) Then I just saw some milk shakes Colleen and Chris were having and they looked amazing too...geez. Maybe it's just comfort food I want this week...
Anything making you queasy or sick: I tried OJ again the other night and had terrible heartburn. No more OJ for me until Trey gets here!
Gender: Boy!
Symptoms: Still having some back pain. Also I get hot a lot quicker than before. My tailbone has also started hurting again after a little while of it feeling ok.
Belly button in or out? In but flattening out more and more by the day...
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time? Happy when it comes to this lil one of course but we just had a really rough week.
Anything new? I returned home from Lafayette to find Trey's room with the chair rail and bead board installed, prepped and caulked! We primed and painted today and as far as the walls go, his room is finished! His crib should come in early this week, so looking forward to putting that together as well. The mattress is already here. I can't wait to share photos of the nursery progress with all of you.
Looking forward to: Having things get back to normal at work. I finally get to go back to doing my regular dietitian work tomorrow and I can't wait. This computer training has been interesting and fun but a lot of work and I am happy to go back to business as usual, that's for sure. It's been 9 weeks since I last did my "normal" job, so I'm pretty sure I will be a little rusty...
Exercise this week: No.
According to Baby Center: Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. His weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but he's beginning to exchange his long, lean look for some baby fat.
Hubby found Lucky all snuggled up by the chalkboard when we were getting ready to take these photos. I just thought they were too cute not to share...



5 comments:
Well written my child, I love you all
A bittersweet week...love y'all (Pee)
sorry about your loss. hope you guys start feeling better soon.
Thanks so much. :)
I'm so glad you got to meet Braxton and hold him, obviously Trey was too with his kicking! He probably was just making sure they connected!!
Lucky is a born supervisor making sure ya'll were doing it right! He's got alot of responsibility on his little four legs . . . Dellie, Quinn and now Trey - WHEW!!!
Love ya'll --- Janie
Post a Comment