Sunday, July 29, 2012
22 weeks
How far along: 22 weeks and 1 day
Total weight gain/loss: No gain this week (17 lbs total)
Maternity clothes? Fo sho! This week I had a $30 fast-cash coupon from Old Navy, so I got 4 new shirts, another swim suit for Miami and a cotton skirt for $50!
Sleep: This week I would be exhausted then get all this energy around 11-ish and not be able to sleep. Boo! I also woke up three nights this week with killer cramps in my calf- ugh.
Best moment(s) this week: Baby J continuing to move more and more is so amazing! Wednesday night, he had the hiccups. It was so distinct. I felt it every time he hiccuped. I drank some water and it quickly stopped. :) I also took video of my belly the other night and Mama could see the little man moving from the outside- awesome! This week was a very long work week, but was fun to hang out with Craig, Adam, Nate and the Tolers before the boys headed out for Adam's bachelor party weekend. Baby J's Nanny also had a dream about what he would look like. Per Les, he will have big blue eyes (like his Daddy!), pointy ears (but she specified not elf-like), and big dimples. She said he looked like he had smiled in the womb for 9 months- sha. Can't wait to see if she is right...
Movement: Baby J may just be a martial arts expert by the time he is born! (Or a kicker like his Uncle Brent!) I am starting to learn his schedule... During the day, when I'm sitting down he moves a lot (maybe I am squishing his space?!) and after I eat anything, but especially fruit or something sweet, he moves a lot. Then from about 10p-midnight he gets really cranked up! He goes crazy in there. It's one of our new favorite activities each night to watch lil man moving around, so much fun!
Food cravings: Still sweets! After dinner at Chuy's the other night, I stopped at CVS and loaded up! I ended up going home with chewy sweet tarts, peanut M&M's, peanut butter Oreos and pretzel M&M's. Thankfully, I had lots of guys at the house to help me eat them! ;)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope. Thank goodness!
Gender: BOY!
Symptoms: I don't want to jinx myself, but my acne has seemed to really clear up this past week, so very excited about that!! I have been getting those leg cramps in the middle of the night off and on. The same guy from the antique store who predicted Baby J's gender told me to put a bar of soap under the sheets at the foot of the bed. This is supposed to prevent leg cramps. He was right once, so I will have to see if this works as well! Dr. Black also told me just to increase my calcium which I plan to do as well.
Belly button in or out? In. It is getting more and more flat, however... I think I may eventually have an outie. :(
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time? HAPPY!!
Anything new? Bought a few things for Baby J's nursery (a super cool light up arrow sign and a throw pillow). Nothing really new going on though...
Looking forward to: The Janelle LaCombe Memorial weekend next weekend! (Is this really the 12th Annual????) It's one of the things I look forward to most each year. Love being back home spending time with some of my favorite people and for such a good cause! Mama and I are walking the 5k Sat am if anyone would like to join us!
Exercise this week: I worked 11 and 12 hour days every day this week and even worked a 10 hour day on Saturday. Even though there was no organized workout, I was so busy at work, I was definitely not a lazy butt this week!! :)
According to Baby Center: At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and weighing 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. (I hope they are blue like his Daddy's!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend. Have my Grammy toys ready for D and Q. Got my tennis shoes ready for the walk, I just hope I can keep up with you!! Can't wait to feel and see the little guy moving in person. I love you all
Take magnesium for leg cramps! I had them like crazy and my Dr said to just go and buy a supplement and I swear they went away a week later!!!!
Congrats on your little man! I'm so excited for you. Boys are the best!!!!!!!!! (maybe I'm just partial) ;)
Also, Jack kicked a lot at night and my LC (lactation consultant) said that it's when you're moving that they sleep (because of the constant rocking) and when you're still that they wake up ready to play. I started walking before bed and it made me tired and put baby Jacky to sleep so I could get a few hours in before he woke me up to pee!!!
Praying for you friend!! Love you!!!!!!
I so love your Sunday baby blogs!! You are looking terrific. I can't wait to feel him kick this weekend! Please send me that clip u took of him making ur tummy move. I love y'all! (Pee)
Post a Comment