So, lately everyone has been speculating on whether Baby J is a boy or a girl. There are tons of old wives tales out there about gender prediction and I have really loved guessing myself as to the babe's gender! I also love that some people are just certain Baby J is a boy or girl by the way I am carrying, or the way I walk, it really cracks me up.
As far as our families go...we have mixed predictions....
My mom has had Baby J girl predictions on two occasions, but is not quite sure.
My godmother thinks girl.
Baby J's Nanny thinks girl.
My MIL has said Baby J is a boy from day one.
My MIL has said Baby J is a boy from day one.
Jim and I don't have a clue and honestly really don't care or have predictions of our own. Just a healthy baby. (BUT, if I had to choose, of course I would want a lil girl of my own ;)) My mama and I are SO close, I would just *melt* to be able to have that sort of relationship with my own daughter!
On the O'Meara side of the family, we have not had a girl born since 1985. Since then, we have had 11, yes 11 boys born into the family. This number includes 7 grand-sons, 3 great-grand-sons and one on the way...with NO girls... Colleen is our "baby" but said last weekend that she would gladly give up her "rein" as O'Meara baby girl if Baby J is a she. The Major side is pretty mixed and the Jacobs side are predominantly girls (Jim has one brother, two sisters, a sister in law and two nieces).
The O'Meara side sure has grown over the years and we've added some new girl cousins who we couldn't love more if we tried!
| Me, Stephanie, Katherine, Sarah (the pre-Colleen days) Circa 1985 ish |
| Me, Colleen, Katherine, Sarah and Stephanie (with Paul and Michael too) Maybe late '90's? |
| Colleen, Sarah, Stephanie, Me, Katherine (I think this was the Christmas Katherine and Keith got engaged, so 2001/2002 ish?) |
![]() |
| Me, Katherine, Sarah and Colleen at Paul and Betsy's wedding (May 2008) |
Soon after finding out we were pregnant, the Tolers recommended we check the Chinese calendar for gender prediction. It was right for both of their babies.This "ancient Chinese birth chart" predicts gender with a 93% accuracy rate- sounds pretty good right? Well, this birth chart predicts BOY. The Tolers also suggested we use the wedding ring predictor. With this, you tie your husband's wedding ring to a string and hold it over your stomach while laying down. If the ring swings in a circle, it's a girl, if it swings back and forth, it's a boy. The prediction- GIRL.
OK, so at around 6 weeks pregnant, we did the predictions above and had one vote for girl and one for boy. I sort of forgot about the gender predictions until a few weeks ago when I was playing on the internet and found a gender prediction quiz that incorporated most old wives tales into one prediction. I decided to do this one too (of course!), and here were the results: (my answers are in bold)
1. Is your hair getting thinner and stringy or shiny and full (finally!!)
2. Is your leg hair growing faster or slower
3. Are your nails growing faster/stronger or the same
4. Do you or did you have morning sickness yes or no
5. Have your cravings been more sweet or sour
6. Is your butt growing yes or no
7. Are your feet colder than before or the same
8. Is baby's heart rate below 139 or higher than 139
9. Are you craving OJ yes or no
10. Are you carrying baby high or low
11. Is your tummy shaped more like a watermelon or a beach ball
12. Do you feel baby moving more on the left or right side
13. Is baby's movement more high or low
14. Is dad gaining weight yes or no
15. Can you see a lot of added weight in your face yes or no
And the results are...... 67% BOY, 33% GIRL
So, I guess the verdict is still out on Baby J's gender. Good thing we only have to wait until Monday to find out for sure :) What do you think Baby J is???


9 comments:
Love all of the O'Meara pictures! I can't believe it's been 11 boys in a row. That's craziness!
I, like you and Jim, have no clue. Can't wait to hear the verdict on Monday.
(PS, you forgot Colleen's name in the pic with all of us from last week)
I think it's time for a girl!!! I can't believe it's been 11 boys in a row!!!!!
I still think it's a boy. I had that dream weeks ago that you were having a boy and naming him Carson. So we shall see!!!!
I seriously have NO idea!!! I'm leaning towards thinking it's a girl, but I'm secretly hoping it's a boy! Can't wait to hear on Monday!!!
I haven't been able to be around you and the bump since you are in training!! I really don't have a feeling either way. But a sweet girl would be nice��
Thanks- fixed it :)
Hmmm I'm thinking boy!! But this is coming from someone who guessed Ronan was a girl in the delivery room :)
Not a clue but either way I'm gonna spoil that lil red bean something fierce!!! As I sit here looking at the birth announcements of Dellie & Quinn, I'm gonna be happy either way . . .
Janie
I am just going to guess BOY.. but I really have no clue. I can not wait to find out.
Post a Comment