Thursday, July 26, 2012

Nursery PINspiration

Even before I got pregnant, I have had a board on Pinterest dedicated to everything sweet, cuddly and baby. Once finding out we would be having a little one of our own, I started pinning more, then once we found out this little love bug is a boy, I have been pinning like a crazy woman!

We have already decided on big things like the wall color (which will be grey) and white bead board under a chair rail around the entire room. We have picked out our crib and have gotten a few accessories here and there. If you know us, you know we love all things vintage, especially those things that have special meaning to us! So far, I have one of my Boo's trunks, my Uncle Bub's Pete Rose baseball bat from when he was a boy, some baby shoes, wooden blocks and quilts of mine, a duck painting by my Grandma O'Meara, a type-set tray given to my mom years and years ago from my Aunt Mo, precious photos of my Hubby and his Daddy together, and a window from my Mama's house....you get the point...I'm sentimental to the max ;) I can't wait to figure out where everything will go!

I have searched the internet high and low and have "borrowed" many fabulous ideas from you other mommies out there so THANK YOU! Instead of having these photos saved all over, I have one board on Pinterest dedicated solely to nursery ideas. 

Below you will find a few of my favorites, or you can check out my entire baby boy nursery board HERE.

I love EVERYTHING about this sweet nursery. It has been my biggest inspiration. It probably doesn't hurt that this mom is from Louisiana as well. I love how she mixes both old and new in her little man's nursery. 
Everything about this is simply perfect!
Source

I love the grouping on this shelf.

So sweet
Source
This shelf looks too cute in the corner of this neutral nursery. It is so cute. We have a similar one that will likely be making its way into the lil man's room. This is also the crib we are ordering. I have known since day one that I wanted this Jenny Lind crib.
IMG_5556Edited
Source

As soon as I saw these cool nail thread states, I knew I would had to have one for Baby J's nursery. When I looked online and saw they were over $100, I also knew I would be making one instead :) I have since made a Louisiana version and can't wait to share with y'all how it turned out!
MUST make the LA version of this for baby's room!

If you know me, you know these sweet vintage touches had me at hello! 

Love the sweet vintage touches
Source
This little side table, painted rusty-red is adorable! I really like the pop of color it adds to this nursery. Considering either painting the side table or book shelf a bright color in Baby J's nursery.
Boy nursery. Red side table?
Source
Hubby and his mom danced to the Shine-down version of "Simple Man" at our wedding. I actually heard it the other day in my car and bawled my eyes out. When I saw this print, I knew I had to make one for Baby J. I think I will include it in his little gallery grouping near the glider.

simple man quote for baby boy's room
Source
This entire photo screams "boy" to me! Love the wire baskets. I have a wire and wood shelf I got from Hobby Lobby to hang over the changing table.
Baby boys room! Such a cute idea
Source
As you can see, we've been busy little bees around here at Casa Jacobs! Once I get something in my mind, I have to start working on it. As soon as we found out this little love was a boy, I got busy. Stay tuned for further details. I can't wait to start putting his room all together! Crazy to think we only have about 4.5 months left to go...



4 comments:

Emily said...

You are so darn creative!!! Do you want to come design Jolie's room too?? Haha! Love you!

Cindy said...

Oh my, I love everything! I found some more things from your childhood you may want to put in my grandson's room-tell Daddy not to worry they are not girlie :). I see a shopping trip in our future! Love you all

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to see our lil live bug's finished nursery!! (Pee)

Anonymous said...

Make that LOVE bug...