Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Mr. and Mrs. Kevin Marino

Last weekend, my cousin got married to a girl who we all simply adore! We were totally thrilled to welcome Amber into the family!

I had to work a half-day Friday, so we headed to New Roads after lunch. It was a gloomy but uneventful ride in...We got to  visit with Mama and P quite a bit and ate at Rotolo's (we had really been missing their Chalmette bread sticks---yummo!!!)


Saturday morning, we got up early, dropped a car off at Uncle Bub and Jane's house (sorry we missed you Janie!!!) and made a quick pit stop at CC's before heading to Mandeville!

Caramel Moccasippi's for the ladies in the back!


And Cafe Au Laits for the front-seat crew!
 My Aunt Ellen's good friends put on a luncheon for the bride and groom Saturday afternoon. It was so nice to get together and see everyone and the food was very good. They also had mimosas and bloody marys (too bad I had to skip out on those!) :( We all got to visit and even got to spend some time with both Kevin and Amber (they arrived an hour apart as to not see each other on their wedding day!)

After the luncheon, we headed to the hotel to check in and met up with the Marsolans. We had not met little Ronan yet, and I was DYING to get my hands on him so we headed up to their room to visit. Here I am holding Ronan for the first time.
After Ronan went down for his nap, we headed to our room for naps as well. Hubby made a beer run to a local grocery store to stock up on beer we cannot get out of state while I napped a little longer :) The Bergerons called when they got in and I went to visit with them a little before we had to start getting ready for the wedding.

Kevin and Amber's wedding was beautiful. We were all so happy to have all the O'Mearas together. It's more difficult now with new babies, and more and more of us living out of state, but it is always great when we are all in one place. Here are some of my favorite pics from the wedding itself! (Thanks Katherine for some of these!)

Here are some of the O'Meara guy cousins before the wedding.


The church where they were married was simple but beautiful with lots of natural light.


Amber looked STUNNING and Kevin looked so happy! I absolutely loved her lace veil and the detail on her dress.


First dance as Mr. and Mrs. Marino :)


Mama and P


One of the many peacocks that roamed the grounds of the reception site. I wish I had video of this, but Grady and Reece would "shriek" out to the peacocks and the birds would answer them. It was so funny! They did it all night and really entertained everyone.


Aunt Steph with Grady and Reece


Nothing like a good ole South LA second-line parade to make it a perfect night! :)



Brent and I


Hubby and I


Cousins!


Katherine and I "schooled" Colleen and Chris on the  "Monkey on a stick" dance routine (and I know you know what song I'm talking about!) If they decide to play it at their wedding, they should have plenty of enough time to master all the dance moves and words! Haha!


What's the name of your school?! "Catholic" What's the name of your school?! "Fountainbleu"


Mama, Jim, Brent and P


Sarah and Aunt Sharon


Grady man enjoying a little wedding favor snack :)


Cutie pie Reece! I can't believe these boys were still awake! They were such troopers!


Aunt Shea took some great pictures of Sarah and I and our "bumps". I knew we will cherish these photos and I will be posting more of those very soon :)


Reece did finally pass out on Keith's shoulder after the long night.


Heading to the car after the night was over! 


Sunday morning, we headed over to Aunt Ellen and Uncle Johnny's house for breakfast before everyone headed home. Kevin and Amber's flight to Hawaii got delayed due to weather, so even though we wished they were on their way, we got to visit with them as well!

We took an updated "girl cousin" picture and took one with the girl cousins and babies. Cannot wait to see if our "boy streak" is finally coming to an end, or if boy #12 is on the way...only a few more days until we will know!



All in all, it was a great weekend! We returned home Sunday exhausted but with our hearts filled with love. Weddings have always been one of my favorite things, and this one was definitely no exception.

Congrats to a beautiful couple and Amber, welcome to the family (officially!!)



7 comments:

Cindy said...

I love the post and I love my family!! XXXOOO

Diane said...

Love the photos!!! Thanks for sharing with the Northern O'Meara Clan!!! Especially love the girl cousin photo!

Becky said...

Love the "bump" picture :-)

Anonymous said...

It was a wonderful weekend!! It was great seeing everyone and meeting that cutie pie, Ronan! (Pee)

Auntie Em said...

Can't wait to see more picture of you and Sarah! So sweet!

Blondie said...

Thanks for all the pics! Love, love, love the baby bump pic of you and Sarah!!!

Janie

Unknown said...

this is such a sweet post liz!!